32,812 total views, no views today
Some Facts about Bitcoin
- 17,3 Millions Bitcoins (Sept. 2018) are till now mined. Totally there will be maximzm 21 millions bitcoins. But until we reach this number we have to wait until the year 2140.
- The first recorded Bitcoin transaction was a pizza purchase. Back in 2010, 100,000 bitcoins were traded for two Papa John’s pizzas, worth about $25.
- A bug led to the accidental creation of 184 billion BTC in 2010. Known as the value overflow incident, this bug led to the accidental creation of a huge number of coins in August of 2010 at block height 74638
- Since 2017, Bitcoin has had higher annual transaction values than PayPal
- There are around 70 forks of Bitcoin. At least 70 altcoins have forked off from Bitcoin. The most well-known are Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
- The average Bitcoiner is a male European or American between 25 to 34 years of age.
- There are fewer bitcoins than millionaires in the world. According to a 2017 report by Credit Suisse, there are 36 million Dollar millionaires in the world. As there are only around 17 million bitcoins in existence out of a future total of just under 21 million, this means there aren’t enough bitcoins for every millionaire to own one.
- Bitcoin’s hashrate is currently at 61 exahash (EH/s)
Contact us to buy Bitcoin